Word Press Website Stop Working After Adding or updating a Plugin
WordPress Websites are all based on the plugins, you can simply add the functionality of your choice by simply adding a plugin. One of the main reason of the success of wordpress is the functionality of easily adding and removing the plugin.
Website stop working after adding a plugin
If you have added a plugin and your website has stop working then don’t be panic it happens !
Simple follow these simple steps to make your website again working like before
- If your have added a new plugin and you are facing the fatal error go back to the plugin’s page and deactivate the plugin you have recently added
<– Go back to the plugin page and deactivate the plugin you have recently added
After deactivating the plugin your website will working perfectly , delete the plugin due to which this error occurred and add any other plugin
2 If you have added the plugin and you saw the blank white death screen like the screen below
If you saw the white screen with fatal error after activating the new plugin then try to go back to the plugins page by pressing the back button on the browser if it works and you can go back to the plugins page then deactivate the plugin you have recently added and your website will be start working like before.
But if does not work then you have to go to the your C-panel and have to follow the following steps
- Go to the C-Panel of your website
- Click the File Manager
- Go to the Web Root Directory
- Go to wp-content folder
- Go to Plugins folder in wp-content
- Then Delete the last plugin you have added due to which your website stop working and your website will be again working like before
What to do if website stop working after updating the plugins ?
If your website was working fine and after updating the plugin your website shows fatal error and goes to the white death screen or your website start behaving abnormally then it’s due to updating your plugin
- If you have updated a single plugin at a time and you know which plugin you have updated then deactivate that plugin and test your website if it is working fine then delete that plugin and install any other plugin with that functionality if you need it.
- If you have updated all of the plugin at once then you wouldn’t know which plugin is making the problem . Then you should deactivate all the plugins and activate the plugin one by one and test your site after activating the each plugin , when you find the plugin which was creating the error deactivate it , and delete that plugin and keep on testing until you have done with all the plugins
What if you don’t have access to you WordPress admin dashboard after updating your plugins
Again if you have updated the single plugin you will know which plugin you have updated go to your C panel (following the steps given above) and delete the plugin you have updated
If you have updated the multiple plugins then go to the plugins folder from the File Manager in C panel(following the steps given above)
- Rename the plugins folder to error-plugin now all the plugins will be deactivated because WordPress will not recognise this folder
- Create a new Plugin Folder named plugins
- Add plugin one by one in this folder by moving the plugin form (error-plugin) folder to plugin folder
- Test the site after moving each plugin and like this you will activate each plugin one by one and you will find the plugin which was creating error
- Delete that plugin and your website will be again working fine
What If still the Problem lies ?
If still the problem remains then the problem might we with your theme , then switch to any other theme and test if your website works fine with any other theme then the problem lies within your theme
Why this problem occurs ?
This problem usually occurs when plugins conflicts with each other , adding a plugin is like adding some piece of code in your website so some time it dose not match with each other and your website stop working or work abnormally or some time shows the fatal error
When adding a new plugin
When adding a new plugin add those plugins which are compatible with your website don’t install those plugins which are not compatable